Search engine optimization (SEO) is equivalent to the motor oil of the internet. It facilitates the machine to operate smoothly. It is what makes it easy for people to find services and resources they need online. Like every other field, the medical domain too needs SEO services to market their clinic well and attract new patients.
Whether you need to gain more leads, retain existing clients, or enhance your web footprint. Appropriate medical SEO services can fulfil all these goals at affordable prices.
Medical SEO – 4 Efficient Techniques to Market Your Healthcare Business
In this fast-paced digital age in which we all live, the scope of what you can achieve with medical search engine optimization services is limitless. Keep reading to know the basics of medical SEO services like market research, keyword research, and the correct way to leverage on-page SEO tools.
Keyword research is the foundation of every successful optimization practice. It starts by understanding your business and its goals. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the kind of facility I am running?
- What does my target audience want?
- What is my primary objective with my website?
Let's suppose you run a maternity clinic, and you aim to draw in new customers. An excellent keyword choice here will be 'emergency maternity clinic.' If you reside in Toronto and desire to build your reputation and recognition, the keyword 'best obstetrician in Toronto' will be perfect.
Your ultimate goal is to get to know about your domain. Figure out anything that distinguishes your services from your local competitors and create a keyword tactic around that. You can make use of SEO tools like SEMrush. You can easily discover high search volume keywords through these tools and then start building your SEO strategy.
Learn about your prospective patients through market research
Market research enables you to gain knowledge of your prospective customers and discover an effective method to connect with them. You can accomplish it in various ways. However, a good starting step in the right direction will be to differentiate between primary and secondary types of market research.
- Primary research is conducted by researching your target customers directly. It provides you with first-hand information directly from the source itself. You'll be surprised to note that something as straightforward as a query form on your site can give you lots of data and insights on what your customer wants and needs. Although you'll not receive a huge amount of quantifiable data through this method, you may notice a high number of patients requesting a particular service. It's a sure shot indicator that you should direct your marketing efforts toward that keyword.
- Secondary research is conducted with data gleaned from the search engine, public records, and other sources. It doesn't need you to get in touch with your customers directly. This type of research provides you with quantifiable data. Tools like Google Analytics will tell you precisely what your prospective patients do on your site. Another one, like Questback, will provide you with significantly more information than you can ever imagine receiving! Through this type of research, you can effectively analyze your competition. Tools like SEMrush have a dedicated section for competitor research. When you know what your contenders are up to or how they have achieved success in a particular area, you can replicate them without directly copying their techniques.
After choosing relevant target keywords, the next important step is to optimize the various web pages, articles, and blog posts. It is also called on-page SEO. Every web page on your site has its own target keywords and SEO ranking associated with it. This ranking influences how optimized the page is for that specific target keyword.
Don't worry; it's not at all challenging to measure and optimize your SEO score. You can do it easily with a variety of tools, including:
- SEOCrawler – This tool displays keyword optimization, page loading speed, broken links, and the like. Its web reports show page title, HTTP status code, URL, and any SEO issues. It also identifies duplicate page titles and meta tags and tests how your website behaves with varied user agents like mobile desktop and search bots.
- Copyscape – It can easily and accurately catch duplicate content that can harm your medical website design as well as its ranking.
- Google PageSpeed Insights – The tool, when used, helps in optimizing your website. It shows how fast a specific web page loads. The faster your page loads, the higher its ranking will get.
Put simply, the various on-page SEO tools will enable you to target keywords efficiently. In turn, it will help you capture more prospective patients and widen your patient base.
Manage your online reputation
Most healthcare providers are aware that almost half of the patients check online reviews before zeroing on a new healthcare provider. Patients today don't leave any stone unturned in conducting their research before finalizing on a particular clinic. In such a scenario, you must have a robust reputation management strategy in place.
New reviews are constantly coming in, so you should ensure that your reputation management strategy can be easily continued and scale as your business grows. Some essential things to track to ensure that you aren't missing out on patients because of your online appearance are below.
- Ensure that your business information is always up-to-date on major search engines like Bing and Google.
- Capitalize on online reviews and ratings. Monitor what people are saying on social media.
- Create a robust presence on social media channels.
- Take time to respond to reviews.
- Encourage your employees to impart excellent service.
Your online reputation is vital for your business growth. Keep in mind that once something comes online, it doesn't go away. It means that a couple of bad reviews have the potential to wreck your medical practice. It's precisely here that SEO can prove to be quite valuable.
While you cannot compel a person to remove all negative reviews about you, you can surely bury them under positive content. A well-optimized website will outrank any negative story or review. It will ensure that the unfavourable stories about you don't catch the attention of your prospective customers.
If you correctly leverage medical SEO services, you can certainly transform the trajectory of your healthcare business. Start by researching your audience and then use the right tools to draw in more customers. Also, ensure that you are getting positive reviews online and showcase them on your website if you find that the whole process takes a lot of time and effort. You would rather focus on your practice. Feel free to connect with a digital marketing agency specializing in SEO services.